Aluminum Flooring Suggestions

Started by GoElectric, February 20, 2023, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoElectric

Its been a while, and hope all you fellow Campliters are doing well! We need some help with flooring suggestions on the aluminum floor. We put down those interlocking dense foam tiles that have worked great, even at 9 degrees, but they are looking rough now.  I thought I would that popular interlocking vinyl flooring over it, but after taking it to a couple of flooring stores, they both said it had too much flex and would not work.  We don't want to give up the cushioning and insulating value of the foam tiles.  What have you all done? Picture of issue attached. Thanks in advance!F
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

Merlin

I really like the interlocking foam tiles and would recommend simply replacing those and then using throw rugs of various sizes on the wear areas. Some foam seems to be tougher than others, so see if you can find some made for high traffic areas.
Michigan

happyhiker

I had the exact foam tile which I liked but it degraded and discolored too much and so I  ended up special ordering vinyl plank interlocking tile through Lowes's from Perfection Floor Tile https://www.perfectionfloortile.com which we absolutely love.  Very durable product, easy to install and great insulative properties.  Not soft but it looks nice and locks tite.   Check out the pics.

Looks like Lowe's still sells. 

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Perfection-floor-tile--Vinyl-flooring-Flooring/4294856531?refinement=4294739638

The picture of the Board is what I took when I was investigating this at Lowes in 2017. 

GoElectric

Thank you very much Marlin and happyhiker for your suggestions!  We will look into both options and also someone else suggested those heavy 2 x 2 carpet squares with the padding on the back.  We will post the results when job is completed
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

GoElectric

Update on our flooring.  We found these self stick carpet squares at Lowe's for 70% off. I remove the old tiles, cleaned the floor and old tiles and reinstalled and cut out the air pockets where they had expanded over the years and applied the new stick on carpet squares. We were apprehensive how well they would stick, but did well.

As a side note, us Camplite owners are a fortunate bunch. The lady that sold us the carpet squares lost their travel trailer to a unknown leak while parked in storage and totaled it, and a friend of mine who had his brother in law go to Kentucky to get a new one for them to live in after the Louisiana Hurricane, because none was available locally, lost it to leaky rot just after two years. A lot of junk out there!