Ready to jump to Lithium... any advice appreciated!

Started by tbrady, April 19, 2018, 01:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidM

As you noted it just looks like larger wiring, #2 instead of the more typical #10 in the TV's charging circuit. That will reduce the voltage drop, but you still are limited to the fixed voltage of 13.5+ that the TV's alternator is regulated to.

David

ADR

Quote from: tbrady on August 14, 2019, 02:13:35 PM
Attached is a diagram that LifeBlue sent me for how to improve the charging but I don't quite understand it.  Maybe one of you more smarter folks can dumb it down for me. :)  To me it looks like just adding a simple solenoid and running bigger wire?  Is it really that simple?

Lifeblue also mentioned using a sterling unit in an email they sent me.  Can you send me a link to what exactly you are using ADR?

Sure- here ya go>  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DMV7PF/

DavidM

Do not use the 30a Sterling b2b with your TV's standard battery charging circuit. It will blow its 30a fuse. It needs a separate high amp circuit as is shown above.

Sterling's UK website shows a 20a model, but I haven't seen them for sale in the US.

David

ADR

Blow the 30A fuse? Could be- I power mine off the 60A connection on the driver's seat pedestal.  The Transit has 1-3 connections- each rated 60A.
Mine had 1 so I added the other 2 to make 3.