2 months of camping with the 21RBS

Started by nhlakes, June 09, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhlakes

We've had the new 'leftover' 2016 21RBS for 2 months now and have managed to get 17 nights in (thanks to being self-employed) - actually had to cancel 5 other nights due to work obligations.  So far so good!   The first 3 were just single night stops dry camping in freezing temps on the way home from picking it up in IN.   (Managed to combine the trip with some work in Chicago so that worked out well.)

St Mary's SP OH on the way home from picking it up

Dillion SP OH on the way home from picking it up

Green Brier SP MD on the way home from picking it up

Patapsco Valley SP MD stayed here while working in MD for a few days

Enroute to Pine Grove Furnace SP PA hooked up and ready to go with motorcycle carrier on front of truck

Pine Grove Furnace SP PA fun trip exploring Michaux SF with my little motorcycle

Luray KOA VA extended Memorial Day weekend - usually do state parks but stayed here because it was close to a wedding we were attending

PS: Looking forward to filling in the rest of this map (from other campers) with this camper

gbpack

Congrats on your new trailer! Your whole set-up looks great! Yes, they are great trailers and you will have years of enjoyment with it.

Merlin

Nice set up! I've also camped and boated at Dillon State Park in Ohio, since that's directly north of Zanesville where my wife grew up. I like the idea of integrating camping with work trips and vice versa!

One word to the wise; if the motorcycle mounted on the front hitch obscures one (or both) of the headlights or turn signals in any way, it's illegal in Michigan. I know folks have been ticketed here for having even bicycles on a front mount if they interfere with headlights.
Michigan

nhlakes

Quote from: Merlin on June 09, 2018, 02:07:10 PM
Nice set up! I've also camped and boated at Dillon State Park in Ohio, since that's directly north of Zanesville where my wife grew up. I like the idea of integrating camping with work trips and vice versa!

One word to the wise; if the motorcycle mounted on the front hitch obscures one (or both) of the headlights or turn signals in any way, it's illegal in Michigan. I know folks have been ticketed here for having even bicycles on a front mount if they interfere with headlights.

Thanks, I haven't driven at night yet with the bike in the front, don't plan to, but hopefully they will not bother me during the day!   FWIW, it does partially block one headlight, but other than that works great!

As far as working and camping - I travel for work and some years it feels like I live in Marriotts - so if I can arrange to camp instead, I do!