Hello Everybody!

Started by leslie, February 21, 2019, 11:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

I thought this would be a good place to reintroduce myself, since I used to be here before my husband's health caused us to stop camping. We purchased a place in an RV resort in Florida, and have stayed here since September 2017. The social life is wonderful, I have made many new friends and they have helped my husband and me through a very difficult time.

My husband has inherited some issues. His heart has been the biggest worry. Now, with a new pacemaker and some new prescriptions, I am somewhat hopeful that we will be able to hit the road this summer. I have been too concerned with his health to think about anything else, so have not been able to come back here until now.

I just received the winter newsletter, and enjoyed reading it very much. I remember Merlin from a meetup we had in 2016 in Oregon! How time flies, even if you aren't having fun.

Somebody tell Pinstriper I am back, in case he doesn't see this. I will return here as often as I can. My husband has a few more doctor's appointments to go before he can be cleared for travel, but the worry is lifting.

Looking forward to reconnecting with the old members, and meeting some new ones.

Leslie

Paul

Hi Leslie I am happy to see you back! I hope the best for your husband!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

surfsup1955

Welcome back and so glad your husband is on the mend. I do recall chatting with you here and on some of our cross country LL blogs.

Unfortunately this forum seems to have lost it's pep since the last time you (and me) were hanging around here. I wonder if it's tied to the demise of the LL brand?

charliem

Quote from: surfsup1955 on February 22, 2019, 09:59:02 AM

Unfortunately this forum seems to have lost it's pep since the last time you (and me) were hanging around here. I wonder if it's tied to the demise of the LL brand?
I think the lack of activity is due to two factors: Winter and no new Camplite owners. Winter has many/most of us in the winterized storage mode. The demise of LL with its lack of new units means few new LL owners enter the camping world. Present LL owners have most of their questions answered and their mods completed. But beware: us old guys are still around, although mainly silent, and still read this forum regularly. Watch what you say  ;) .
Welcome back Leslie and Surfsup.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

Merlin

Good to have old friends posting again! And Leslie, @Pinstriper regularly checks in and will see your post. Now that you're back on, I may have to start moderating his posts again  8)

Michigan

Pinstriper

That ain't me, it's a bot.

I'll have to dig up some bear photos and post them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leslie

I am glad to be back. Charliem talked about the demise of LL. I just checked the LL website and looked at several models that are labelled "dealer stock only". So, Thor has managed to kill off the Camplites, it seems. Sad. I really need to get back up to speed.

Thanks for welcoming me back.
Leslie

Pinstriper

No bear pics at the moment, but there is a lot of mountain lion action in the news these days.

Welcome back !

surfsup1955

Quote from: charliem on February 22, 2019, 10:57:15 AM
Quote from: surfsup1955 on February 22, 2019, 09:59:02 AM

I think the lack of activity is due to two factors: Winter and no new Camplite owners. Winter has many/most of us in the winterized storage mode. The demise of LL with its lack of new units means few new LL owners enter the camping world. Present LL owners have most of their questions answered and their mods completed. But beware: us old guys are still around, although mainly silent, and still read this forum regularly. Watch what you say  ;) .
Welcome back Leslie and Surfsup.

Thanks! Glad to see you "old guys" (and maybe gals?) are still hanging around and dropping in from time to time. Forums do have their up and down moments. We still have our 21RBS, still camping, and have yet to find any other camper to beat it for durability or price.

leslie

Pinstriper, I have no history with bears, so no videos of bears won't do it. Mountain lions, though? are they related to Florida panthers? Last week, a panther was seen on the golf course here in the resort. I didn't see it, but plenty of golfers did. Now when I walk my dogs after dark for the last walk of the day, I stay close to my cabana and RV.