4th of July trip

Started by Jim T, July 15, 2017, 09:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim T

Our 4th of July trip was kind of a local trip down the road about 100 miles. To a campground named Fries New River Trail RV Park.

First get the name right. It is not Fries like something you would eat. It is pronounced as Freeze. You will quickly be corrected if you make the mistake. LOL

On a 1 to 10 scale I give this one a 9. Only because I don't think it is large enough and more people should be allowed to enjoy this one.

An extremely well kept full hook up campground for sure. The owners Tom and Deleta take extra great care of their campers and park. Only 16 sites , but each and every one has a ton of room and all the hook ups are clean and taken care of. Not sure if there is a rig to big that these sites can't handle. Somebody thought this RV park out really well. His bath house and rest rooms are spotless. Walk straight out of the RV parks road and you will walk right up to a nice over look view of the river. Just follow the road down to the river grounds. A well maintained local park on the river awaits you.

Now Fries is a town of only 500 in population so don't expect much.  Well I wasn't and I was wrong. Fries is also the start of the flat no hill NEW RIVER TRAIL. Bike riders will love this place. We were here for the 4th of July week. If you want a place to sit back and relax this is a great campground to do so. If you want a campground with lots to do around the area it has that also. Did I mention fireworks ? You actually get 2 shows in one night. The local fire Hall has one then the town after that. WOW what a fireworks show for such a tiny town. It was down at the river and can rival any larger city's fire works show. You can not help but get a good view of this show right down on the river.I will be posting a YOUTUBE video of the show later. Lots to do around this area. The Parkway is not far away and the local music at the town hall theater is nice too. There is of course the fiddlers convention held around here in the early fall also. Largest one in the world I might add.

A little bit of history information for you. The New River is the 2nd oldest river in the world, and flows north. Only the Nile is older.

If you stay here you I think will like it. We did.
Jim T
Camplite 16 TBS
Nissan Titian

Merlin

Nice place and great set up! Bummer about the stolen grill. Having things stolen is so unusual in camping that it's really a whack when it happens.

The New River may be the only river in Virgina to flow north, but there are lots of other rivers in the world, both large and small, that flow north. A few big ones that come to mind are the Red River, Coppermine River, and MacKenzie River in Canada.  ;D
Michigan

JazzyPigsGA

Quote from: Jim T on July 15, 2017, 09:12:20 PM
We had our little flag up for the week.
How is your flag mounted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150