ACF is 5 years old

Started by Paul, August 09, 2020, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Our forum is 5 years old and I am reaching out for help to do a special edition newsletter. I am looking for ideas and volunteers to write articles. I was thinking we could showcase some interesting thread we had over the years on the forum.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Five years is really cool! I enjoy reading about folks tinkering with their campers and making it theirs, so to speak. What I really enjoy are posts about trips, but that thread is not used much. If I had a wish, more of us would post adventures (with photos!) using our LL and other brand equipment.
Michigan

MTCamper

Thanks to all who have made it happen. It has been a valuable resource for me and I appreciate the efforts!

Pinstriper

Sad, really. The original forum was from the days when everything was new, LL was rolling big, and here in The Community we were all about trying to set up rallies. That petered out after Thor took over, and everything was about speculation - good and bad (bad were correct).

Five years ago was the shutdown of the original forum, as the factory decided to take it over - a big red flag. Thanks for all the work in preserving it. I have little to no use for the "general RV" boards.

Paul

We currently have 3 articles wrote by DavidM and I was thinking of doing a series of newsletter, one article per email. Each articles feature a topic that was discussed on this forum over the years. We currently have an article on Batteries, one on weld cracks and one on Coupler bolts. My goal would be to have 5 articles in total and send one per month. Is there anyone willing to write the missing two articles?

All articles need to refer to a topic on the forum

Here are my ideas:

Anything else you can think of.

Thank you!

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

I'd be happy to do one on refrigeration and efficiency/cooling.

That one would be much better for me to do han a tome on choosing a can opener for camp cooking with beanie-weenies.  :o
Michigan

charliem

Quote from: Merlin on September 04, 2020, 08:26:57 PM

That one would be much better for me to do han a tome on choosing a can opener for camp cooking with beanie-weenies.  :o
I'll see your Beanies and raise you one Mac and Cheese.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

Paul

Quote from: Merlin on September 04, 2020, 08:26:57 PM
I'd be happy to do one on refrigeration and efficiency/cooling.

Thank you!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Pinstriper

Beanie Weanie cans have a pull tab now. DAMHIK