Screen door or latch

Started by Popup2012, September 10, 2019, 04:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popup2012

Has anyone ever replace the latch on the screen dor or did you replace the whole screen door?

Pinstriper

Funny you should ask.i have the same problem. Wear has taken its toll on the plastic and the sharp edge has become an angle. Mrs. P used her Macguyver skills and fixed it by putting a dab of masking tape on it so it grabs.

Should be able to source a new latch. I need a new sliding panel as well since it frequently hops out the track.

I suspect we have taken our last trip for this year, though so this fix is a winter project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mojospeople

I came here to say "funny you should ask" but Pinstriper beat me to it. We have the same problem so Ill be curious to know the answer. I messed around with the latch on our screen door thinking it could be adjusted. Apparently it can't.

gbpack

The plastic latch on our screen door can be adjusted by loosening a screw and sliding it either in or out. I slid ours out a little further early on after we bought the trailer and it has been working great ever since (3.5 years of fairy heavy use since I adjusted it.

Merlin

FYI, there are 2 very different kinds of latches used on Camplite screen doors. That will affect advice!
Michigan

Popup2012

Ordered  the 28$ door latch on the Challenger door web site and it worked fine on my 16 TBS