MicroAir EasyStart Install

Started by nhlakes, June 02, 2018, 07:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhlakes

Good point indeed.  It was about 80F when I got those numbers. 

PS: Not in VA, but in DE, at least most of the time.  From NH originally and still have a vaca place in the lakes region up there (which is why I do less camping in (Jun-Aug.)

Gary M

Quote from: nhlakes on June 10, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

PS: Not in VA, but in DE, at least most of the time.  From NH originally and still have a vaca place in the lakes region up there (which is why I do less camping in (Jun-Aug.)

I'm from NH originally too, grew up in Derry, NH before leaving after high school  :)

nhlakes

Quote from: Gary M on June 10, 2018, 04:20:57 PM
Quote from: nhlakes on June 10, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

I'm from NH originally too, grew up in Derry, NH before leaving after high school  :)

Nice. I grew up in NH, raised my family there, and just moved to DE about 10 years ago.  Still have a small place in Center Harbor to maintain my NH roots. ;)

nhlakes

(2 months after starting this post) I finally got my AC w/ soft start running off of a generator.   It 'should' have worked with my Honda EU2000i, but did not. 

I thought initially it may have been a bad soft start install, but after a few calls and a few re-installs, we verified that was not the issue.  The EU2000i just wasn't cutting it - do not know why.

Having wanted a propane generator for some time, I decided to try one of the Champion Inverter Dual Fuel models.  I'm a Honda guy, but for less than half the cost for something that would see seldom use, I decided to give Champion a try. 

Initially I ordered a 3500wt unit from Cabela's but did not pick it up at the store after being told that once I put oil in it I could not return it. Not knowing if I had a trailer side issue,  I decided to order the cheaper 3100wt unit from Costco after hearing great things about their return policy. 

It arrived today and started immediately on propane, ran fairly quietly, and was able to run both my AC and fridge without issue.  When I tried to add the microwave to the action, my EMS shut everything down.   That's OK.  I can live with that.

PaulJ

I just purchased a Champion dual fuel generator also. Wish the Honda one had worked out, but from experience the 2000 just won't cut it - I know from our previous trailer.   Well, gen is still in box and trailer is in storage lot so maybe next week I'll get to try mine without the soft start. Need to order the easy start also.

nhlakes

Just returned the Champion Dual Fuel Inverter to Costco.  We were camping without power for 4 days at Ricketts Glen SP PA last week and used it for the first time in a campground.   Ran it a couple of times for 45 mins each to charge battery.  It seemed much louder than it had in the driveway.  Going to bring the Honda 2000 next time, recognizing that it'll be just for charging batteries and not for running AC.

nhlakes

My saga finally closes.  I discovered yesterday that my 10yr old EU2000i was now not putting out ANY power.   Time for a new plan.

Picked up a new Honda EU2200i Companion this morning and dropped off the EU2000i for service.  Will be able to parallel them when the EU2000i is fixed.  Got home and immediately tested the new EU2200i on the camper.

It had NO problem starting the 13.5K AC with the MicroAir. 

We will likely be boondocking tonight someplace on the way to NH and are very happy to have the AC option available if needed. (It will be 90F here today.)

I'm a happy camper. ;) 

nhlakes

I got the old Honda EU2000 back from service today and it now runs like a top and puts out the appropriate power. 

Paralleled with the new EU2200 companion with the camper plugged directly into the 30A RV receptacle I can run the a/c, fridge, water pump, and microwave all at the same time.  And it sounds to me like the two of them running together are quieter than that Champion.

BTW, I put a steel rack on wheels in the garage near the door.  All I have to do is roll the sucker over to the tailgate and nudge the Hondas on.  The Champion at close to 100lbs was a tad more drama loading/unloading for my busted ol back.

gbpack

Congrats on getting everything figured out, fixed, and running. That took quite a bit of effort! It's been very interesting following the developments. Sounds like you're all set now. Good job!