Installing Recliners in a Slideout Model

Started by GoElectric, February 20, 2023, 04:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoElectric

Our sofa has seen better days and was thinking about 2 small wall hugging recliners to take their place.  Has anyone done this and have any recommendations? or a good sofa replacement? Ours is a 16 DBS. Thanks, and happy camping!
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

Merlin

Here's a jackknife sofa that another member was very happy with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QZFTJX7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I found a set of small recliners that might fit my 16TBS in a RV magazine. I'll see if I can find it again and post it. I know they were made by Lippert.
Michigan

GoElectric

That sofa looks nice! Yes, please do find that source since we are thinking the recliners might be a better option.  Thanks for all the help!
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

Merlin

So with this thread I was reminded of my interest in more comfortable seating in our 16TBS. The factory sofa is getting long in the tooth and was never all that comfortable. My search has turned up empty for recliners because the Camplite sliders ride on a raised base; the bottom is not flat to the camper floor. So a standard sofa or recliner will end up with a seat that's way too high. The only thing that would work without modification or accepting a very high seat is a jackknife sofa. I'm going to concentrate my search on finding one of those that's comfortable and will fit, both in the slide as well as through the door to get it inside.
Michigan

MTCamper

Merlin

Not really.  The RecPro Charles collection reclining sofa and hide a bed type sofa would work fine in my 16TBS if I didn't want to use the interior for bathroom and lunch stops with the side in. That sofa comes out too far into the hallway to be able to open the bathroom door. We may just get one anyway and commit to partially opening the slide each stop.
Michigan