Steps for 6.8 Camplite Camper

Started by 2 Hansens, July 31, 2017, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Hansens

We just purchased our 2017 6.8 camper for a 3/4 ton GMC.  We are interested in recommendations for steps to the camper.  We don't think the camper is study enough to attach the scissor steps to and we don't want to attach them to our truck.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

As you can see in the picture, this set-up is high off the ground. I am 6 feet tall.

2 Hansens

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  I like its ease of use. 
Thanks again.

TimS

We have the Torklift GlowSteps, Torklift All Terrain Leveling Gear, and the Torklift Handrail for our 8.4S TC. Yes, they were super expensive but they are worth every penny!  My wife had knee replacement surgery last year and wasn't able to climb into the camper without something sturdy & secure.  We're not getting any younger (I'm 62, she's 61) and having these well made steps just makes getting in & out of the TC so much easier. We hope to travel extensively the next few years so we didn't want to skimp on some things when outfitting our TC - steps being one of those things! 

2 Hansens

Those are great looking steps. We will check them out.  We appreciate you sharing the information.

Wvabeer

In mine there is a heavy brace under the threshold, I drilled and bolted thru it.

2 Hansens

We are not sure there is any stable support at our threshold.  Yours is a good solution, especially with the extra 'steps' supports.

jdk2065

I had some aluminum steps made up that fit into my hitch receiver. I actually have them in 2 pieces. An offset adapter piece to align with the off center door and then a straight insert into the adapter. I find this combination easier for storage. If I pull my ATV trailer I take the steps off and just use a small step ladder. When traveling with just the camper I always leave the steps attached. I set the lower step a little high to allow this.