Livin Lite Axxess Toy Hauler

Started by Iceman14, July 16, 2016, 12:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman14

I'm new to the Livin Lite world.....does anyone know why my Axxess 8.5-30 has what looks like....2 batteries ?  One is the standard size car battery and the other looks like a small motorcycle battery. I'm getting ready to add tank fluid gauges for Fresh, Grey and Black and was looking for a better understanding of the associated electrical system.   Thanks in advance for any help you can provide ! :-\

John Fridenmaker

The small battery is probably for the electric brakes.

Iceman14

Hey John,   Thanks for the reply! I hadn't thought of the electric brakes. What size Axxess are you pulling with your F-150?  Right now I have what I call....an Axxess IN Exxess !  Temporarily, I'm taking very short trips with my 30', pulling it with a 4WD 1/2 ton Silverado. I'm using the biggest load equalizing hitch plus an extra 1200 pound spring rating in the rear....It's level and not squatting...but a 3/4-1 ton diesel is coming in the very near future.  I've got a lake with level roads and only 10 miles away with no traffic to navigate.....i'll have to settle for that until the larger rig arrives.

John Fridenmaker

I have a 22 foot axxess and have pulled it thru the mountains in Tennessee and Kentucky with no problem.

Iceman14

John, my little 5.3 struggles on long grades...running cruise control is next to impossible unless you like seeing the tach in the 5000 rpm range.  I've replaced the transmission with a Jasper tranny....it has a Nationwide 3 yr 100k warranty. I'm not that brave to attack the Smokey Mountains with that kinda load....I've convinced the Wife that a diesel would pull better. It's just an expensive proposition. I've got and Indian Chieftain that will add 900 pounds to the rear and we plan to tour the U.S. The bike puts me way over the Towing Capacity of my 1/2 ton.  Perhaps one day we can get a few of us to "circle the wagons"!   ;D

John Fridenmaker

My F-150 has a 4.6 3v engine and the factory towing package on it.

Paul

Welcome to both of you on the forum! Yes the smaller battery is most likely for the emergency electric brakes, I don't think it get charged so once in a while make sure you give it a charge. In my case the emergency electric brakes are wired directly to the main battery so I don't have to take care of that. Post pictures of your rig!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

When we purchased a CampLite, the dealer got rid of the emergency brake small battery and connected the brakes to to the larger Camper 12V battery. If I remember correctly, the small emergency brake battery may not be wired to charge.  The large battery will charge off of the TV and camper inverter..

We're seriously considering a F-150 for our next TV so I can haul a 500lb motorcycle in the back while towing the TT with 430lb tongue weight. Will see!
Bill

Iceman14

;) Thanks to all for the input on the small Brake battery.  I'll take your advice and give it a charge when needed !  I'll post a pic when possible....I'm not very high tech.  LOL !