A couple of practical changes so far.

Started by ToolmanJohn, September 15, 2017, 10:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToolmanJohn

I installed a small medicine cabinet to replace the wall mount mirror. And also installed a 12V USB charging port nearby for phone and tablet.

ToolmanJohn

Also modified the Happijac Electric bed position. I cut through the upper trolleys wit a jigsaw and removed the halves of each trolley with pliers. This allows the bed to be within 7 inches of the ceiling. It was so much lower before I would have to duck under it when it was fully raised, now I have about 4 inches over head (about 5'9" maybe for clearance to bottom of bed platform).

A wanted the best of both worlds, lowest bed height, and high storage height. I actually raised the bed brackets 1-1/2 inches to get more headroom, and I can still get on the bed easily. Win Win!!

ToolmanJohn

I installed a paper towel holder over the sink, under the overhead cabinet.. Not happy about the rigidity of the aluminum cabinet underneath. It's hollow and a bit wobbly. I'll see about reinforcing it in the future, but it will take a lot of unscrewing aluminum of panels to gain access, so I'm just satisfied for now that it works.

ToolmanJohn

When I initially took delivery of the toy hauler last May, I requested NO battery installed.  There was a 12 volt battery prep, which meant a vented box "just" large enough of ra typical dual RV/Marine battery.

I had already decided I wanted very large amp hours, even though I typically came home from a 3-4 day trip with well over 80% sate of charge with 2 12 volt batteries on my previous small camper. I know running the furnace heavily is the big power draw when the weather is cold at night.

So on this camper, I removed the vented box, and installed a dual 6 volt box, and cannibalized the old vented box for the vent top and bottom. I installed these onto the new box. I had to get the bottom hole perfect with the hole saw so everything lined up with the floor opening (lower vent hole). I also laid some of this felt that has an anti-acid solution impregnated on it so if there are any small battery spills they'll be neutralized in the box.

I can say from experience, a 62 pound battery is a beotch to lift into a plastic box that's at chest height!! And I had to do it twice. And I had to slide the plastic box with BOTH batteries already inside it over to the mounting location without damaging the lower vent pipe. I am not looking forward to taking them out for the winter. I may install some kind of table slides under the box.

ToolmanJohn

Starting to install a 1/16" thick rubber subfloor in the bathroom. Using a rubber runner that I got at Home Depot. 2 feet by 10 feet.

But I decided I have to remove the toilet to make it much easier to trim the rubber, and also the vinyl floor remnant I purchased. It has cost $40 in materials so far.

Merlin

Michigan