2016 Toyota Tundra - New Tires & Rims

Started by thedusty, May 22, 2017, 10:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedusty

I've been MIA from the forum world since LL banished the other one. 

We used to have a 2002 Toyota Sequioa that was actually a great truck.  But last June we sold it and went ahead and got a new 2016 Tundra with a 5.7L V8, 4x4 and the big 38 gallon tank.  I REALLY wanted the big tank...

Anyway, we've been busy with a big move and finally had some time last month to do some work to it.  I changed out the rims and added some BFG KO2's.  The tire diameter is very close to stock b/c I didn't want to lose gas mileage or change how it towed.  The rims stayed at 18". 

I also switched out the black door handles for some white ones to make it look cleaner.  And did a little de-badging work as well.
2016 Camplite 21BHS
2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4

Merlin

Nice tow vehicle! Looking good :D

And welcome back!!!
Michigan

gbpack

PaulJ

Love the truck!  Ours is a 2015 off road but not 4x4 and I did not know about the big tank - Now I want one. We LOVE our truck!

thedusty

Quote from: DocktorJJ on May 25, 2017, 01:49:31 AM
Love the truck!  Ours is a 2015 off road but not 4x4 and I did not know about the big tank - Now I want one. We LOVE our truck!

The bigger tank became an option in 2016. But there are aftermarket solutions if it's something you really want. I really like not stressing about the next gas station and timing stops.
2016 Camplite 21BHS

PebblePrincess

My 2012 gets 7 MPG pulling my trailer. Luckily my trailer has the 30 gallon fuel cell if things get dire. LoL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 8.5' x 28' Quicksilver
Offroad Package
Onan 5500 & Fuel Station

LANA/LARRY

I have a similar '16 Tundra. Where did you find the white door handles? Are they difficult to install? Thanks & enjoy your fine ride as I do!  Larry

thedusty

The door handles are actually from a Toyota Sequoia SUV since they use the same handles.  They make color matching door handles for the Sequoia.  I hunted on eBay for a while and was about to get all 4 for about $120.  If you can't find them on eBay, you could look around and get them new. 

I much prefer the look with door handles that match the color of the vehicle - I did not like the black and don't really care for the chrome versions either.

I used these two videos as guides to change them out.  I'm not super handy but it was doable and took less time than I expected.  Good luck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9umZVqf3rc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3_MQKgXhok
2016 Camplite 21BHS