The Start of Winter Camping

Started by Powder Hounds, October 16, 2018, 08:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powder Hounds

Thought we would post a couple of pics of our first winter camping outing. An hour from Calgary in Kananaskis Country.

Started out with -10 C/ 14 F and 8" of snow, very pretty. Coming home, 18 C/ 64 F with complete sunny skies. Hats, gloves and long underwear to shorts and t-shirts.

DavidM

Might be worth facing the cold and snow for that gorgeous spot in the last pic. They closed all of our NFS campgrounds on Columbus Day here in New England. Bummer!!

David

Merlin

An inspiration for me  8) I really need to get our more!
Michigan

gibby

And this coming weekend, all the snow is gone, and the weather is going to be great.

But try as I may, just can't seem to get the Wife to agree to that one last trip. Besides, we had to winterize before all that snow hit us (this is not a problem thought, just redo it after).

Yup, that was the unit I saw heading East that morning on 22X in the summer.
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

nhlakes

We winterize when the freezing temps hit (last week) but still use trailer if desired. We bring jugs of drinking/cooking water and flush toilet with rv anti freeze until we hit warm temps on our Jan FL trip.  Dewinterize on the way south. Then rewinterize on the way north a few weeks later.  Then maybe do it again in March if schedule permits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk