Power not working

Started by dlb53151, June 21, 2019, 08:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlb53151

Need some quick help here.  Plugged in my CL16TBS to 30amp outlet and only the microwave has power.  Never had any issues before.  I inspected the two 30 amp fuses and don't see one blown.  If I pull out both 30 amp fuses the little green light in the area to the left of those fuses turns on, for whatever that's worth.  Was planning to head out for weekend camping trip but can't go unless I get this figured out.  Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Sanders

The fuses are for the 12 volt power circuits. Based on what you described, you need to check the circuit breakers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

MitchB

It seems the converter is working because you have power to the microwave.  Did you pull the outside access panels to look at the back of the fridge yet? On my 13QBB the fridge gets it's AC power from a plug into an outlet just like in your house, it could be that some critter chewed through the wire.  I assume your AC isn't working either?  Roof mounted?  Other than circuit breakers being tripped as mentioned by Steve if the converter is passing along power there's not much else but wires.
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

dlb53151

Although I am hooked up to 30 amp power at home, I don't have the battery connected (it is on my trickle charger).  I thought I didn't need that hooked up if I was plugged in, but someone at work mentioned I should have the battery connected to complete the circuit.  Makes sense - still a newbie.  That will be my first task when I get home ;)

DavidM

I am totally confused about what has been said in the four previous posts. Is there an AC power problem or is it DC? The converter on my 2013 16TBS is a combination AC control and DC control and charging device.

The AC side is controlled by breakers just like your house. I think that there is an 30A incoming master breaker then a 20A or so for the air conditioner, one for the battery charger, one for AC outlets and another for the microwave. My 2013 water heater is propane only, so no AC water heater breaker but yours might have one.

To the side of the AC panel is the DC panel. These are controlled by fuses. Can't remember the lineup. Behind those panels sits the DC battery charger which supplies DC power to those breakers when connected to shore power and it is also connected to the battery on the tongue and the DC charging wire on the TV connector.

The battery does not have to be connected to get DC power as long as you have AC power and the AC breaker that supplies the charger is on. But it is not a good idea to do so because the battery dampens out surges from the battery charger.

So with that preamble, could you please define your problem more clearly so we can help.

David

Pinstriper

Yeah, specifically what isn't getting power ?

AC is A/C, Microwave, fridge, battery charger, outlets and maybe water heater.

DC is lights, slideout, awning if equipped, fridge, furnace fan, fans, pump, 12v at the TV and maybe others, control for the water heater.

I honestly don't know if units that have usb ports are getting that from AC or DC. If built into the AC outlets I would expect from AC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlb53151

Sure enough - hooked up the battery and we were all set.  Thanks all!! 

Now just need to eradicate mosquitoes here at the campsite lol.