Added bath sink to 2018 16DBS

Started by Cliff Eerie, December 19, 2021, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Eerie

We've had our Camplite since early 2021 and previous owner did some mods. Some we liked, some not so much. One we liked is that they changed the closet to cabinets and a counter top. We wanted to keep this as it offers nice storage and counter is a great coffee and beverage bar. I will be installing a new counter top to a composite matching the rest of the kitchen. We bought it with a laminate style.

We got tired of having just a kitchen sink. Brushing teeth or washing hands without a bath sink is a bit ridiculous. We didn't want a shower sink and I researched for quite some time to get something to fit in the corner behind toilet. My idea was to access the drain via black tank vent, and water via outside shower. So it does drain to black tank, but that's not a problem for us. I used hardware store PCV fittings for drain and washing machine hose with barbed "T"'s and hose clamps for supply

It worked out great, my spouse loves it and I'm a hero!

Sink is from Duo-Form and it has a skirt to hide plumbing, however installing this interfered with toilet.

Faucet is from E-Trailer. It's actually a combo shower faucet and has a port under the spout to attach a shower hose. In our application this could be used as a toilet sprayer, we'll see if I feel it's needed. 

I bought a different design though matching shower faucet from E-Trailer for shower and it's on back order, so no pics yet.

We purchased a couple of rollup/retractable shower doors from RecPro. One for shower and another for bath door. We didn't like the factory bath door as it seemed to get in the way, and we had one one these units for shower in previous RV, and prefer it over a curtain.

I'll let the pics tell the rest.

Dan

Merlin

Fantastic!  For sure mod of the month!  Looks like quality work and super useful addition.
Michigan

Cliff Eerie

Thanks. Took a while to find just the right sink. It had to be corner unit and not real deep allowing toilet seat to function. The rest was careful measuring and a couple plumbing trips to the store. Once cutting the black pipe, one needs to take the roof vent cap off so that it can be pushed up to install "T" drain adapter. Then cut off the top of pipe and replace cap. I wasn't sure how that was going to work until I got into it. And of course since it drains to black tank, make certain there is a trap and has water in it!   

DaveL

I am not familiar with the term "rollup shower door".  Is it just an accordion type pleated curtain or does it actually retract?

Cliff Eerie

The rollup shower door retracts. Look at the second pic and the "door" retracts/rolls into the right side, though it can be flipped at install to roll into the left. Officially as follows is description from invoice. I got it from RecPro.

RV Retractable Rolling Shower Door Platinum Size 36" x 65"