Reserve America

Started by Pinstriper, May 06, 2019, 12:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinstriper

What a disappointment.

This winter they "upgraded" their site design.

You can now no longer search by map, and zoom into an area and see the potential campgrounds that have availability for your dates.

All search results are ordered alphabetically. Which is completely unhelpful.

Also gone is the "search for facilities nearby" when you do look at a campground and find no availability.

Whoever designed the new site...no, anyone who had ANY hand in the project should be HORSEWHIPPED.

tl;dr

Reserve America is very disappointing

nhlakes

I just opened it up and after I enter a destination, I see a campground list on the left and a map on the right. Not sure why you don't see that.

ADR

I have only used reserveamarica once a few years ago.    Seems most of the federal campgrounds are on recreation.gov, and it is royally screwed up now since a different vendor took over last year.

The maps they supply showing the location of campsites are usually totally wrong. 
There are a couple of USFS and NPS campgrounds we frequent in the NC mountains and every one of them the maps are now wrong.
In fact one of them shows a campsite in the middle of the dump station!
Another one has campsites across the road from where they really are...

Pinstriper

Quote from: nhlakes on May 06, 2019, 07:01:37 AM
I just opened it up and after I enter a destination, I see a campground list on the left and a map on the right. Not sure why you don't see that.

The list on the left is sorted alphabetically, and is broken into pages. The map on the right only plots those that are on the current page of the list.

There is no ordering by proximity to a location, nor any equivalent to, say google maps "search this area" where it filters by the region shown on the map (as you zoom in/out and move the location).

For example do a search in "oregon" and you get 515 results, starting with the A's. The first page has campgrounds that are 7-10 hours apart. Not helpful at all.

leslie

The only times I have used ReserveAmerica is for Corps of Engineers Campgrounds, and in past years, it has only been "OK". I use a book, "Camping with the Corps of Engineers", which also lists local numbers of the individual campgrounds. I know some state parks use ReserveAmerica, but I always call the local number to get a reservation. Never been very happy with this service. Thanks for letting us know about the change.

Pinstriper

Another feature they discontinued is the watch alert. So if a campground was full you could set an alert and if a cancellation opened up you would get an email.

Gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk