Key West Bound

Started by Chappy133, January 03, 2022, 12:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappy133

Will be leaving cold and snowy PA behind for the month of February.  The Navy has a campground at Key West*.  We got six nights booked at Sigbee Island MWR campground. It is dry camping but since it Key West with a temperature of 80s during the day and 60s at night we really do not need AC.  We are taking our time traveling to Florida and visiting my Mom in Central Florida while on this trip. Stopping at few other sites and a Harvest Host site too. 

No plans of yet to visit the Mouse.

This would be retirement trip #2. 

*If you are a veteran the DoD last year expanded eligibility for all veterans to utilize MWR facilities.  The veterans who do not have a DoD ID card will have to go to the visitors center for post access.  Veterans also are a lower priority then Active Duty and Retirees.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Merlin

Sounds like a great trip and great timing. The Keys are the perfect place to be in Feb.!
Michigan

Chappy133

Well headed back to NAS Key West camping at Sigsbee Campground.  This will be our third winter trip here but we are staying for February and March.  Will be visiting family and friends along the way down and back along with having friends visit at Key West.  I got back into SCUBA diving after a 27 year break last winter and will be back under water again soon.  I won the lottery on reservation too and got FHUs for both months.  Fun times. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
Easton, PA

Merlin

Well now I'm in full jealousy mode. Seems like a perfect thing to do in Feb-March. Swing by Michigan on your way and pick me up. I'll sleep under the camper, so you'll hardly notice me.
Michigan

Chappy133

Quote from: Merlin on January 17, 2024, 08:08:09 PMWell now I'm in full jealousy mode. Seems like a perfect thing to do in Feb-March. Swing by Michigan on your way and pick me up. I'll sleep under the camper, so you'll hardly notice me.
The fire ants are nasty under the camper in Key West. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
Easton, PA