First shakedown trip with 2018 21bhs

Started by Paul, May 29, 2018, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

We did our first shakedown trip on Victoria Day weekend (May 18 to 21) at Kouchibouguac National Park in New Brunswick. The towing from home to the park was about 1:30 the F150 with no WDH handled the ride well. I had someone following me and they said that the trailer was going straight no noticable sway. When we arrived to the campsite we did supper and then a fire. On Sathurday it was Annabelle first birthday we had about 10 guests that came and we did a BBQ. On Sathurday night and Sunday I was sick vomiting :( so that kind of ruined the rest of the weekend. On Monday I was still week but we had to pack and go but I was feeling better.

Annabelle have her own secret spot in the trailer she like to hang out under the dinette table. During nap time we used the play pen on the floor in front of the dinette and at night lowered the table and put the play pen over there.

The trailer layout is perfect for us it really worked well and we are glad of our choice. My wife told me that I did a good choice and that she was really glad. Everything worked well in the trailer the only issue I have found so far is with the mirror it's moving and I was able to remove it from the wall. They seem to have forgot to put one side of the velcro on the wall, both velcro side are on the mirror that doesn't make sense. I think what I'll do is add more velcro and I'll use the industrial one.

Our trailer is now at our seasonal site and we will go this weekend. I am still unsure about WDH or not, next time I will be at the trailer I will weight the tongue.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Paul

More pictures
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Very nice! Sorry you got sick, but the camper and daughter look just right together  8)

Michigan

gbpack

Looks great Paul! Congratulations again on your new trailer. May it give you many fun and adventure-filled years of camping!