Too early to talk about 2018?

Started by leslie, January 20, 2017, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

It's been relatively quiet here, so I hope LLers get a chance to read this. I know, most people haven't finished planning for camping season 2017, but...

Hubby and I will be going to the Pacific Northwest in summer of 2018, and we would like to camp with some fellow LLers. When we were planning for PNW Rally 2016, we had to make reservations in October 2015 for Ft. Stevens.

So, I am hoping some folks here will give some thought to this for when summer gets here, and we have to start making plans. Former LLers, wannabe LLers, and anybody else on this board is welcome to join us!

We had such a good time at Ft. Stevens, along with discovering the Oregon Coast, we want to do this again! Of course, our granddaughter living in the PNW is also on our agenda.

So think, plan, and maybe we will see some of you in 2018. (We will definitely be in Maine in August for that rally.) See ya!

Pinstriper

We're your Huckleberries, Leslie. You know that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leslie

I saw 2008 in the topic headline. I meant 2018! How did that happen?

Merlin

:D

We are considering a major expedition to Alaska in '18, one leg of which would likely go through the PNW in the summer. It would be fun to see more of OR and WA and the folks who call that area home.
Michigan

leslie

Obviously, at this point, time frames are fluid, but let's see if we can't work it out.

Merlin

If anyone has 2018 completely locked down already, I don't want to meet them anyway!
Michigan

Chappy133

My second retirement date is 1 July 2021. Definitely there will be a coast to coast trip with travels through the the PNW along a trip back to Alaska (stationed at Ft Richardson from 1986 to 1990).
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

pjcd

2019, we're heading cross country, all the way to Alaska and back.

Merlin

Michigan

jamie

"I saw 2008 in the topic headline. I meant 2018! How did that happen?"

I opened this thread thinking something so bad happened at an '08 meet that it took almost a decade just to be able to talk about it.
I'm a horrible person.

Paul

Quote from: leslie on January 21, 2017, 05:35:10 AM
I saw 2008 in the topic headline. I meant 2018! How did that happen?
It's not too early it's too late! lol I fixed the title
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

leslie

PaulJ

2018 gathering?  When?  Please discuss Month and Where you would like to meet?

I live in Florida and LOVE our winters - as for Summers anywhere North is much better over all.
IF a group wants to winter here - planning is now, snowbirds take over the campsites in the Winter and they are planning now.
We have some really nice state parks in the panhandle and other places in the state.  What are YOU looking for?

ammobob

I know this is fools gold to plan this far out but we are planning 2 weeks in Utah March 2018. This year's a bust with new home construction so we had to look ahead. We plan to hit all the parks we can over 2 weeks. Arches, canyon land, Zion and Bryce Canyon. May hit lake Powell and do a few days on a houseboat too.

gbpack

Ammobob - Great to have you back. We want to spend some time in Utah as well (maybe in 2018 or maybe in 2019), but isn't March a little early given the high altitudes and low temps? Also, I'm not sure that the Nat'l Park Campgrounds are even open in March. We don't mind camping in cooler temps but snow and freezing temps are not in our forecast!