Barn find

Started by bcsnave, August 02, 2020, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcsnave

Everyone has heard the stories of the serviceman that bought a Corvette and put it in the barn....never drove it...only for it to be sold. Well here is my barn find. A couple bought this 2015 in 2016. They slept in in one night on the way home from where they bought it. Stored it in the pole shed.....and four years later...at 70 some years old....they decide they won't use it...and wanted to sell. We drove a total of 1,695 miles to buy it and bring it back to Wisconsin. We are excited.....found a mouse nest in the rear bumper..got that re-wired and everything now works. All is good.
Camping –
Where friends & marshmallows get toasted at the same time!

Paul

Wow that is a good find!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

bcsnave

It is truly amazing..the shipping tape is still on the shelves in the refrigerator, stickers on the microwave with the owners manual, demotic warranty papers and the sink bathroom and tanks never used. I can't get over it. I tested the AC, Microwave TV, Stereo, micro monitor for battery and tanks. All the lights work, now I need to get some propane and test the systems.

We are pretty happy with it.

Bill
Camping –

Michael

That's a great find. Really nice.

graham

Wow, nice find! Have you replaced the tires? Even though it's been stored inside it would be cheap insurance since they are probably 5-6 years old now. Along with renewing the hub grease.

bcsnave

Getting new shoes in the morning....greased the bearings...we are good to go. After we are packed, 1/2 tank of fresh water, I am going to check tongue weight (thanks Merlin)...the take if for a spin....may camp the Mississippi
Camping –

bcsnave

I put on some load D Carlise 185/80-R13 radials..put in 2/3 tank of fresh water, loaded up with clothes, tools, chairs , and stuff we will bring. Tongue weight is 330#. Tows great behind the "Oilburner". Again thanks Merlin....I will ship the scale back to you tomorrow. thanks Bill
Camping –

Cajun

Great find I would of jumped on that one for sure.

Fatdog2

What a great barn find. The best campers on the planet IMO. We love our 2014 21 BHS, we have done some DIY changes to it and made it unique to our camping style and function. Love the fact that there is no wood in the camper to worry about. It's easy to maintain. Have fun.