2020 Newfounland trip

Started by Sylvain, January 19, 2020, 08:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvain

Hello everyone,
We have been thinking about a trip to Newfounland for many years.  I think it's going to happen this summer!  We'll have a 4 week holiday for this trip.  That means a good 3 weeks on the island of Newfounland. This is a pretty big trip so I would like to have a well planned trip.  Since this is a pretty big Island I'm wondering if we should concentrate on one specific area of Newfounland and enter/exit the island from the same ferry or maybe cover more ground and land in Port-aux-Basques and then leave the island in Argentia.  Any idea what would be best?  Any suggestion on a great itinary?  What about the campgrounds, should we always have reservations?  We should be there from the second week of july until the first week of august.  Please do not hesitate to share any information you might think helpful.  Your help is very appreciated!

Thanks.......Sylvain

Merlin

Wow, what a great trip! My wife and I really enjoyed the Canadian Maritime National Parks in 2017 but we didn't brave the trip out to Newfoundland! I'm sure some of the Canadian members who live in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island will chime with any info they might have. @PEIslander and @Paul come to mind.

In our trip to parks in Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick we made reservations for every night because we were there during "high season". The park campgrounds were almost always full. It was also nice to be able to choose our sites by making reservations. Next time we go we plan to make it a more leisurely trip with more nights in each park. The 3 nights we stayed at each just wasn't enough to see all we were interested in.
Michigan

Paul

That is a nice trip! Let me know about your plan maybe we could try to meet when you come to New Brunswick
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Heather 1

Make sure you plan to visit and stay at Gros Morne National Park.

Sylvain

Thanks for your input everyone.  I hope someone from the forum made it to Newfounland!